lördag 26 maj 2012

Investigating towards 56937 GS, Högskolan and Weight Watchers...

What the hell is going on?

It's been a long time since my last blog post and a lot has happened.

The reason I stopped writing in this thing was because I felt it was taking up a lot of my time. I did spend almost 2 hours a day just writing stuff down. Therefore I chose to stop doing it since I didn't think anyone was reading it. Today I stumbled upon a link to the blog from my Facebook page and saw that since I stopped writing the latest post has gotten 1300+ views. I don't know where all views came from but if someone likes reading this I just felt an urge to pick up writing it again.


There will be somewhat of a change. I will not be updating daily but when I have time. I will also be adding links to the achievements I'm gaining if that should interest anyone and I will be promoting some sites which interests me and other cheevo whores as well I presume. There's also somewhat of a graphic update and someday I will make a new banner.

When I stopped writing I was still in Komvux studying towards gaining admittance to Högskolan. I did achieve my goal and I am currently studying to become a computer engineer. Although this is a field I'm sure I'd like to work in the studying is crazy. It's nothing as I thought. Up until this point I've gone through the courses calcullus, programming, computer technology, algorithms and computer structures, linear algebra, some electrics and digital technology. All courses are not complete as I have failed some exams and experiments, something I'm gonna have to fix during summer vacation. With that said I'm still optimistic and I'm as hardheaded as a rhino so I will overcome.



I've also started a diet with Weight Watchers (from here on abbreviated with WW). The goal is around 80 kg I reckon and there's about 30 kg left until I hit that mark. The WW method is something that's right up my alley. It basically means you get a daily score which is your Pro Points. These points plus something called Weekly Bonus is the amount of points you should aim at eating. The best part about it is the app that goes with it. It comes packed with all types of food and the cost it brings. Then you just mark in everything you eat and the app calculates how much points you have left. Keep to the points and you will lose weight. It's hard though. It's more like a weightcoaster than a weightloss. Every other week I lose weight and every other week I gain some weight. So god damn random.



Well that's it for my first post in ages. I will return another day with another post.

Achievements

Since school has been hectic there hasn't been any time for gaming but yesterday I got the chance to play again! I will cover both yesterday and todays accomplishments in this post.

My system/disorder still "forces" me to do stuff in a specific manner. I still feel most at ease playing games alphabetically and since new games are released all the time and as new medias where games are made available pop up I'm quite often forced to jump backwards. I got up to the letter D then I found out you can rent games at the library which brought me back to A. After that I played up to Bioshock when I found Lovefilm which again brought me back to A.

I have a lot of games containing what I call "The Harder Challenges", achievements that are just nasty hard and that I give three tries/gaming session. These also follows the alphabet so even though I have games with HC achievements on the letter D I don't try them until I am playing an ordinary game on D.

Friday

Soooo... Since I was currently playing All Zombies Must Die I only had 2 HC achievements in Alan Wake's American Nightmare to try. As predicted I failed miserably while attempting these achievements. Some screaming and swearing occured before I shut the damn game off.



All Zombies Must Die is a slasher-type game except with firearms. Hordes and hordes of zombies in different flavors are chasing you while you do your best with clearing quests and collecting stuff. I am not one for multiplayer games but I think this might be more suited for 4 players instead of one. The game is awesome up until a certain point in the game when it goes from being rather hard 'til extremely controller-breakingly painful. Frustrating is only a fraction of the non-existing word that could describe this game.



Anywho... Since I completed this game the last time I played (some time after the latest ice age I think) I only had one achievement left in this game. It involves clearing "All Zombies Must Die" mode without getting hit once. "All Zombies Must Die" mode is when you find a potential new base in the game. Before you can claim it you have to beat down a whole superwave of zombies. After completing that I got the Can't Touch This achievement and also completed the game. Yeehaa!

After that I downloaded the DLC for Assassin's Creed: Revelations called the Lost Archives.


Since Assassin's Creed: Revelations is pure awesomeness on top of an already awesome sandwich I really was looking forward to this one. If I had only done some minor research beforehand I wouldn't have to get my hopes up. There is a segment in the original title where the main character is exploring a place without any real data. Therefore there's only blocks and not blocks. Stand on the blocks and you live and if you don't? Well, I guess you can fill in the blanks... So I quickly realized that this DLC only featured this type of gameplay and oh the frustration!


So I started playing and one of the actions you can perform is to place blocks so you can create walkways to progress the story. Should you fall you can save yourself from falling. Should you do this from a 25 metres fall you will get the Save Yourself achievement.
I did this in Memory One for a specific reason. You see I fell off a block and almost died so in an attempt to save my beehind I placed a block underneath me and the achievement popped. You don't even need skill anymore! Following through the story and completing Memory One I got the Part of the Creed achievement.
After this Memory Two ensued which contained abolutely no achievements. Sucks to be me... On the other hand the memory was quite short. In Memory Three however you will come across a new ability which involves a new placable block which allows you to jump higher than usual. A lot higher... Higher as in if you don't watch your descend with other placable blocks you'll probably make a splat-like sound when you land. After this ability has been acquired you just need to jump up on the next platform and pick up the letter that lies here to get the Jump They Say achievement.


No achievement as I cleared Memory Three. Memory Four is comprised by two parts. The first part keeps the style the game has had up to this point but as you reach part two the style changes and you're introduced to a lot of laser beams. I also received the Enter the Animus achievement.
After reaching the end of Memory Four I really thought I was getting a new achievement but nooooo. I had to go through entire Memory Five too to get the Meet Your Maker achievement.
Next achievement didn't come right away. Memory Six ended and Memory Seven started. Memory Seven also involved a very frustrating area where you are supposed to jump between small rooms with particles that is travelling in different directions. These rooms of particles are the only places where blocks can be created and placed. So you have to create a jumpblock, jump from one room to another (which has no floors by the way) and continue doing so until there is once again ground under your feet. Not long after this Memory Seven ends and I got The Loop achievement.


This achievement sucks balls since it's gotten as the game starts over! You actually have to do it all over again. In order to break the loop you have to collect all collectables in the DLC. So off I went from Memory One and without any major problems (except for the particle-room-jump-segment) I got the 20 collectables needed for the Find All Pieces achievement which also meant I could now break the loop. I Played through the game a third time up until Memory Five where something had changed. A new bridge was built with the pieces I had been collecting. After crossing the bridge a new cutscene was played and I got the Breaking the Loop achievement.


This meant that only two achievement remained. Skill-based achievements. Yuck!
The first achievement involved clearing part two of Memory Four without failing once. This was not as hard as I thought. I would have made it the first try if it wasn't for a mental blockade which stopped me from placing a block before dying on the finish line. Literally...
On the second try I got the Impress Warren Vidic achievement.
The last achievement was of course to get through my most hated part of the DLC. The particle room jump things. Supposedly it was meant to potrait the River Styx. Very fitting name. After 20 or so tries I finally got the Cross Styx without Dying achievement.
Thereby I had also completed the DLC.

The rest of the day I played Batman: Arkham City. Not that I have anything I can show for it...

All in all a rather nice day for achievements with 11 achievements worth 270 GS and spanning 2 games.

Saturday

Not as many achievements but quite important still. Since I beat both All Zombies Must Die and the DLC for Assassin's Creed: Revelations the next game in line was Batman: Arkham City. This opened up new HC achievements in both Batman: Arkham Asylum (which I've lent to a friend) and Backbreaker Vengeance.

I started with 3 tries in Alan Wake's American Nightmare as per usual and as usual I got my ass handed to me. I don't think I will be able to get these achievements. I'm not entirely sure I want to work this hard for them either. I love Alan Wake but this DLC-title is not as good in my opinion.


So I started playing a Backbreaker Vengeance aiming for the three achievements I still had left. First achievement is available through the mode Tackle Alley. After a few attempts I got The Jester achievement which involves showboating at least 30 yards in Tackle Alley. I actually have no idea why this was a HC achievement. I guess I got so mad the remaining to achievements that I just stopped playing the game...
The next achievement was in the mode Vengeance and this too was rather easy and I got the Relentless achievement after just a few tries. The achievement involved getting through all five waves of a Vengeance match without failing once.


The last achievement was far from easy. This also involved playing in Vengeance Mode but now I had to beat all matches. There are 20 all in all with 5 waves each. It starts out easy enough but gets extremely hard at the end. I had gotten up until 17 so I only had 3 matches to go. I gave it a lot more than three tries though. I just had a feeling that today would be the day. And I was right. After a lot of swearing and progressively turning into the poster boy for anger management treatment I finally got the Tackle Master achievement and also completed the game. Nice to cross off one of the HC games off my list.


There. No I could finally make som real progress for a change. It feels as if I'm only trying to get HC achievements these days.

I continued playing New Game + since I already cleared the game once and got all the collectables. New Game + is somewhat harder where the counter arrows have been removed. Other than that 2 more major (minor?) changes has been imbued in the experience. The fight against Mr. Freeze has gotten way more tactical where Freeze's health is substantially more potent which forces you to think of so many more ways to take him down in order to defeat him. Also a new part has been added after the last boss has been defeated. A Predator room for Catwoman where you go head to head with Two-Face.


I played through almost the entire story these past two days. I picked up the Catch achievement for throwing a remote controlled batarang to the mysterious overseers that pop up all over the map.
The New Game + is somewhat harder with a few more attempts at some parts of the game but I still had no bigger issues in getting the Twice Nightly achievement for beating New Game +.

All in all a rather good day for achievements netting me 5 achievements worth 130 GS spanning 2 games.

Clip of the Day

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar