fredag 27 augusti 2010

Dribbling towards 22930 GS, movies and shopping.

So against my better judgment I've picked up a blog. Everybody seems to have a blog nowadays so I better get one too. Better not stray too much from the norm. All joking aside I've thought about this for a while but I've never really known what a potential blog could be about. Do I really wanna show people the strangeness that is me?

Well, here I am and this blog will be a tale of legends which will be spoken of through eons to come. Like anyone will read this piece of crap...

Anywho... This blog will be about me, my achievement hunting on the Xbox 360 (Hence the title of the blog. Come on, people!) and some music-making of course. I will divide each post with the different "headlines", assuming I've done all three topics one day (I mean, being me is hard to ignore but the Xbox and music-making parts).

ACHIEVEMENTS
Didn't have that much time playing today due to some homework and shopping and so on.
But I attempted getting the Score 500.000 achievement from Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. That didn't go as well as I had hoped. For those of you who haven't played the game (or who doesn't give a shit) it's an "futuristic shooter." HA! No, it's not. You are playing as a curved spaceship. It resembles a 'C' and all you do is fly around shooting different squiggly lines and shapes. It's all nice and fun at first but later on there's shit flying everywhere and you just can't see anything. That's when desperation kicks in and you have to stop yourself from throwing your controller at the TV. This is a game I've decided to "try a little each gaming session." So 2-4 attempts is enough before I lose my temper. Today I got pretty upset since I got 487.000 points which is pretty close to the goddamned achievement.

"Look at all the bright colors!"

After that I gave Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock a go. At the moment I'm aiming for the Always Hard achievement which basically is to make it through Career Mode on the Hard difficulty. I struggle a lot with this game. The problem is I've learnt to play with just one finger instead of letting all 5 fingers tap over the buttons (which is the correct way to play.) To clarify I slide one finger over the fret board and if you played the Guitar Hero games and tried songs like One with Metallica on Hard you know what I'm talking about. It's damn near impossible to make it with one finger. But restarting from Easy learning everything again is out of the question. I will probably not make it through all the achievements in the game but I will survive...

 "Try sliding your one finger over the fret board when this shit comes at you"

I did get the That's What Friends Are For achievement though. Me and my girlfriend played a little more Guitar Hero III but this time it was Co-op. I usually don't play any kind of Co-op since I hate getting my rear-end handed to me. Playing online is no joke. You get beaten upside down and inside out. But playing at home with my girlfriend is another matter since I don't loose and, well, she's my girlfriend.

 "Guitar Hero III is a blast in Co-op"

ME AND MY LIFE
Today we didn't do much. Fridays are my days home from school and my girlfriend gets of work around noon. We just chilled most of the day until we could borrow my parents car and go for a shopping spree. Wow, I hate shopping. It's just so god damn boring I wanna implode. When I need something for myself I always check ahead to see where I can find it, how much it costs and where in the store the item is located (if that option is available.) Then I run in, grab it, and run out. After I pay for it of course. Yeah, but it goes fast as hell. I just can't understand walking into a store browsing. I just don't understand browsing... Who wants to browse? I mean for Gods sake, buy what you need and get the fuck out. Before the store drains your soul! That's why I'm thankful for my girlfriend. Although she is a woman she doesn't take all day when she goes shopping. Today was actually even enjoyable for a change.
After that we went and rented a couple of movies. I Love You Phillip Morris, Date Night and The Ghost Writer. We only watched one, though.


Can't say that it was a masterpiece. Can't say that I liked it at all actually. I expected what you expect when you pick up a Jim Carrey movie. I didn't get what i wanted. At all. I mean, he can act in more serious movies and I liked his performance in this one as well but when I expect a comedy and get something else it's pretty much ruined right from the get go. Ewan also did a good job as always. The dogs displayed on the cover was mediocre but it was their first big movie. Must have been the jitters. Now I'm gonna watch some Battlestar Galactica (since I'm so cool otherwise I need to pan it out with something a little bit nerdy).

Go achieve something!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar