tisdag 31 augusti 2010

Freeflowing towards 23260 GS, washing and japanese picturepuzzles

ME AND MY LIFE
To make life easier for my girlfriend I'm putting this part on top instead of the gaming part. I can't really say or understand why but she is not extremely interested in my achievement-hunting. Shame on you! No, all kidding aside I put this up here for you, baby. Now you don't have to scroll down through enormous amount of crap before getting to the good part (If there are any good parts).

I had a pretty rough time falling asleep last night. My clock showed 3.30 the last time I checked it so my morning was not the most wonderful thing you can imagine. I got up and made my girlfriend breakfast. Yes, I am a very nice guy. I get myself ready and... You remember the shoes I bought yesterday? Well, it turns out that in a hectic situation it's harder to get in them than trying to break into Fort Knox. After a few moments of struggling I check the clock in the kitchen for the time and to my horror I realize that the bus is leaving in 4 minutes. It's a pretty short walk from my apartment to the bus stop but I still felt a small surge of panic wash over me. I rush out of the apartment and start running, which is not something I do very often, for obvious (fluffy) reasons. When I get around the bend so I finally can see the bus stop I see the bus standing there with it's engine purring like a big-ass cat. Or some other big, grey animal. Elephant!
Anywho, I get in my highest gear (2) and fly across the pavement like a fat man on wheels dropping stuff from my bag as I'm running. I now see two busses and I sprint for the nearest one. I get there in time and get on the bus only to realize that it's the wrong bus. WTF!? Get off the bus and run to the other bus which is standing three meters away. Finally on the right bus and on time. Whoohooo! I park my ass and at this point I'm ready to fall down and die. Check my mobile for the time and... WTF!?!?!? 6 minutes left?! Now I get it. The clock in the kitchen is set so you can't miss the bus, like 5 minutes ahead. I know this but yet I still seem to forget it. I ran all for nothing. I almost died all for nothing! And I dropped stuff...

I had a short day in school today. One hour and 30 minutes to be exact. Therefore nothing happened there.
Moving on. When I get home I find out, through a text from my girlfriend, that she is getting home later than usual. Yay! I get to wash our clothes all by myself. This is also one thing I dislike doing. At least by myself... Everything is more fun if you do it with someone. At least you can chat through the pain. But nooooo... I survived at least. The reason I don't like doing it alone is that I'm terrified of fucking up and in an instant make all our clothes into midget-versions of their former selfs. If you make a mistake it's like fucking over. It's not just one sweater you can never wear again. It's every piece of clothes in the machine which is like everything white or everything colored. I might be good-looking but it's impossible for me to wear a t-shirt that stops under my pecks (boobs). Not even me, in all my glory, can pull that off...

Now it's time to tell you about another passtime of mine. Japanese picturepuzzles! These are very fun to do and involves coloring in little squares to form a picture. The only thing you get as help are numbers in the margin to the left and at the top of the grid. For example if a row in the margin shows, say: 1 6 23 5 11 4 5, that means that the first square that is to be colored is a single one. It can be anywhere on the row but it has to be first of said number combinations. This means that there has to be enough squares to fill in the other numbers following the single one. After that there needs to be at least one space before the 6 can start. The 6 is easy enough as its 6 colored squares in a row. So the line above should be: 1 single colored square followed by at least one empty square followed by 6 colored squares in a row and so on. By using some math and crosschecking the left margin with the top an image slowly forms. This is something I really like what with my disorder and all. I will show some pictures to explain it more thoroughly. It's always easier if you can see it for yourself.

This is the left margin...

This is the top...

This is the grid which I've started to solve...

And here's one I've completed...

These are (for me) very fun and I recommend these for those of you who likes crosswords and math. It's a great combination (without letters of course).

ACHIEVEMENTS (may contain spoilers)
So for the gaming part of my day. I had a good day today to.
I continued on Batman: Arkham Asylum and I was aiming for the Freeflow Combo 10 achievement since it seemed natural to get it somewehere around here. But I didn't. I got one or two more collectibles and unlocked the Cryptic Investigator achievement first of all today. I found out that there are 240 different collectibles in this game and it's not all the same. You can find green question marks called Riddler's Trophies and you can find interview tapes from the inmates at Arkham Asylum. These are rather enjoyable as they give some background info on the baddies in the game. There is also Riddles in many of the areas as well and these give you a riddle which you need to solve by scanning things in your surroundings. An example is the riddle "Who is the main man in the Main Hall?" and you solve the riddle by scanning a portrait of Commissioner Gordon which is hanging in the main hall. They are rather easy once you understand them. The last collectible that I've found are Joker Teeth which are these joke teeth jumping around all over the place. When you destroy a fixed amount of these you get a collectible. There might be others but if there are I haven't seen them yet.
After that I got some story related achievements. I got, in said order, the Just What the Doctor Ordered achievement for rescuing three doctors from the Medical Building, the Daydreamer achievement for surviving Scarecrow's horror gas episode, the Baneful Payback achievement for defeating Bane (which is an awesome villain) and last but not least I got the Breaking and Entering achievement for getting inside the Arkham Mansion. After that I decided it was time to stop playing but before I got to a checkpoint, which saves the game, I found a few more collectibles which got me the Lateral Thinker achievement for finding 25% of the collectibles. This is also my 1,000th achievement!
All in all I got 6 achievements for a total of 95 GS.

You're about to get smacked over the head!

Go achieve something!

CLIP OF THE DAY

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar