lördag 4 september 2010

Freeflowing towards 23310 GS, sign language and Gekås...

As I suspected I didn't have time to write anything last night. Therefore there will be one big ass post today instead. I applaude you if you finish it all...

Me and My Life
Fridays are my "home from school"-days. My schedule is quite the breeze. I have two classes starting at 10.00 and finishing at 15.30 on mondays, one class starting 8.10 and finishing 9.40 on tuesdays and every other wednesday. That leaves only thurday which is also the worst day of the week with two classes starting at 8.10 and finishing at 15.30 with one big ass break from 9.40 to 13.10. This is where I usually do my flex-courses. There's only one thing that would be better and tat's to have wednesday off. Having one day in the middle of the week let's you recuperate your lost energy...
This friday we went shopping and spent a lot of money as usual. It's impossible for us to go and buy only the essentials. We always bring home more than agreed upon. The funny thing is that we were at the same store just one week ago and as I was packing the bags I said, rather, loudly that we wouldn't return for at least a month (or something like that.) Well, the cashier challenged us and told us that she'd expect us the following week. I'm grateful for the fact that I didn't run into her yesterday. It would have been embarrasing to say the least.
That night Emmas parents arrived for a quick visit. They are very easy to be around even though they are deaf. That might have sounded harsh and I don't like to admit it but I thought I would have a problem with the fact that they are deaf. How would I communicate if they can't hear me? But this is just me being prejudice of course. I feel bad for the fact that I was thinking that the first time I met them. I mean, they are far from retarded and you can get a long way by using only your body language. They do understand. Since then I've been learning some sign language. It's awesome to know it since me and Emma can say stuff to each other "in secret" if we wish. I'm not saying I'm good at it yet but I can use the letters to form words which Emma can pick up rather easy. It's worse the other way around since she has a tendency to speed up the signing on her part. She is able to form letters using the alphabet at lightning-fast speed.
The following day we got up early and began our journey to hell. Gekås, Ullared. It's a horrible store which I ansolutely hate to be in. Sometimes it's necessary though. Especially when you don't have any clothes to put on your back. The reason the store is as horrible as it is, is becuase of all the people who are shopping there at the same time. A kind of rush that is unimaginable occurs among all the trolleys and old farts who is attacking everyone that happens to be in front of them. The mentality in the store is mixed. We have the hags who keeps running their trolleys into your heals and the people that seem to find my rantings about how this place needs to disappear from the face of the earth funny. Today was an exception though. I didn't hate it as much as usual and my guess is that it is because of my new shoes. I usually get a staggering pain after about 20 minutes. Now we spent about 4 hours in the store and I din't have any pain. I could also stand the store for a longer peiod of time. But going there too often is out of the question. Once a year, tops.

Japanese picturepuzzle!

I'm starting to see an image form... Do you?

Achievements (contains spoilers)
Well, I must say I have been productive these lest two days. After Emmas parents went to bed me and her played Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock as usual. No achievements but a good time none the less. We started off on Easy since I wanna get the achievement for 5-starring all songs but later on we went over to Hard since Easy is a drag... We might even get the achievement for 5-starring every song on Hard? That's up to Emma to decide, though.

I love rock n' roll...

After Emma had gone to bed I continued my journey alone. I booted up Batman: Arkham Asylum and continued with the story. After some time I got the Poisoned Ivy achievement for kicking Poison Ivy's ass and flower. The fight was rather enjoyable as well. A bit too easy maybe but I guess I will have my work cut out for me when I try to do the same thing on Hard. With the exception for the last achievement in the story I was done and decided to start going after the collectibles. Seeing how I was now facing the last stretch of the game I felt confident enough to be able to find them all. I went back to the beginning and started to collect my ass off. Seeing how The Riddle has left maps in each region which shows secrets on the map it was rather easy to find them. After a while I got the Mental Athlete and the Riddle Resolver achievements which represents 70% and 85% of the riddles respectively. When I checked the map I realized that all the collectibles remaining was inside the building where the final fight would take place so I decided to get some of those extra achievements. At the entrance to "the party" Joker is having are 20 henchmen who are guests at said party. One achievement involved these 20 people. I quickly got the Party Pooper achievement for slapping all 20 henchmen silly. These doesn't attack you if you don't attack them so I guess it would be possible to miss this achievement by letting them be. One of the extra achievements proved to be quite hard when it didn't have to be. After a lot of tries I got the Catch! achievement which makes you throw a Remote Controlled Batarang and then steer it back toward you and catch it. It's supposed to be very easy but I was able to fuck it up more than once. It was starting to get pretty late so I decided to get the last extra achievement before going to bed. After finding the highest place on the island I got the Night Glider achievement which means gliding for 100 metres without touching the ground.

This is the type of stuff that you need to scan for the riddles...

The following day after returning from hell I went back to Arkham Asylum and took on the last fight. I realized that this was not the last building where the rest of the riddles were but cutscenes started playing and I couldn't leave once I had entered. I would have to get the remaining riddles after the fight. I will not say what the last fight involved but upon completion I got 2 achievements: The Mano-A-Mano achievement for defeating a Titan without any gadgets and the Big Bang achievement for clearing the game on Easy.
Seeing how I'd missed the last riddles by walking through the last door not knowing it didn't lead to the building I thought I had to get them now. It didn't take long to scoop them up though and it gave me the Crack the E Nigma achievement for solving all of the riddles. During these riddles I've come across tablets with information about the Spirit of Arkham. These tablets we're marked on the maps left around by The Riddle but when I completed all the riddles one last tablet was still missing. I had found all the riddles by myself but seeing how there wasn't any more marks on any of the maps I had no idea of where to look for the last tablet. So I cheated. I went online and after some running I got the World's Greatest Detective achievement for solving Arkham's greatest mystery. This is usually when achievements become a struggle. After you beat the main game the developers like to throw in the harder things for completionists to do. This was no exception. I now needed to do the Challenges which involves either fighting a bunch of idiots for score for 4 rounds or to do sneak-type missions. Every challenge has three obtainable medals. The Freeflow challenges (fighting) has three different scores and the Predator Challenges has three objectives for takedowns per map. I started off by collecting the Flawless Freeflow Fighter achievement for making it through all 4 rounds without taking damage. This was rather easy. Then I started doing the challenges and these were damn hard! One medal is achieveable but 2 and 3 were a joke! I finally got the Predator Bronze achievement which represents 8 medals in Predator Challenges. The rest will have to come some other day if ever...
All in all I got 12 achievements spanning over to days worth 230 GS!

Watch out for these guys since they can cut you up and down!

Go achieve something!

Clip of the Day

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar