tisdag 7 september 2010

Slicing towards 24310 GS, hardstyle and festivals...

Me and My Life
Got a coll from a friend today. It started out pretty trivial with him asking me why his MSN wasn't working. He had reinstalled OS on his computer and couldn't get it to work.
Anywho as the conversation progressed he said he wanted to show me a case that he built for some light equipment which we could use the next time we wanted to DJ. Well, you see... Every midsummer-eve we have an event of sorts. It's a dance event held where all the students gather in tents and drink a lot of alcohol. Four years ago we decided to go there since we didn't know where else to go. Prior to this me and a friend had bought a sound system which we could use if we wanted to play somewhere sometime. When we bought them we had never played anywhere but my friend had gotten a turntable as he wanted to start to play around with some DJ:ing. So four years ago we decided to pack everything up including a party-tent and go to a football-court and just play. No announcement or anything. That night turned out to be rather good with all the people from the other tent gathering inside ours, dancing their asses off. This turned out to be a tradition. We now go there every year and play for people that want to dance and have a good time. It doesn't even cost anything. Since then the "event" has also grown quite a bit. Every year we get some new piece of equipment for said event. It started with a few lights and this year we had a bigger tent, smoke, laser, lights and a lot of people. Not an enormous amount of people but more than previous year. Therefore we now want more. A dream would to make our events big as hell and be able to charge a small fee for a night of dance and fun. We are far from our goal but we are somewhat progressing still. Me and my friend talked about getting banners or backdrops where we could put our logo since it's been hard to understand who was in charge of the event. This year we got jackets with our logo on and the word "CREW" on it. This kinda failed though since people only thought we were security. We also want to do this more than just once a year and maybe getting an indoor place for an event too.We want to play hardstyle and the likes but in the end it's usually the people there who decides. If people dance to hardstyle we play hardstyle but if they don't we play something else. It usually varies between house, dance and hardstyle.

We had a blast as always. You might join us next year?

Japanese picturepuzzle

                          Oh look i'ts a... crab...                                   What might this be then?

Achievements (contains spoilers)
I continued playing Afro Samurai today. It's still an enjoyable game. Not the best I've played but also not the worst. The story seems off and a bit strange but Samuel L. Jackson's character is awesome. He says all the profanity you might need from a game and is obviously the comic relief of the title.
Starting off on the second level called School Invasion I leveled up after a few fights. This got me the Ashigaru achievement for unlocking 10 skills. I don't really know what these skills are though. The character behaves as he did in earlier chapters and seems to take as much damage and so on. I guess I will find out later on. Before reaching the end of the chapter I got the Torso from Tail achievement which means I have now cut 50 people in half. This game just keeps getting better and better! Upon completing the chapter I got The Death of Innocence achievement. 
The next chapter started instantly and it was a single boss fight. I sliced the guy up like shish kebab (this game is rather easy) and got The Price for Vengeance achievement. In the first chapter I had missed a collectible forcing me to replay the chapter. The same happened on the chapter before the boss fight but this time I had missed 2. It seems they are getting more and more elusive. Damn colletibles! I Love you!!! So back to square 1... or something. I had a lucky break during the second time through the chapte and got the Three-way achievement which means I cut three people in half at the same time. After redoing the chapter again at a much slower pace I got the Afro Samurai achievement for collecting all 5 of the mementos and unlocking my second skill passed down from my father.

Uh-uh... You know he dead!

At the start of the next chapter I got the Rhythm Section achievement for achieving a total of 3000 combos. You fight quite a lot in this game about a black samurai. Go figure...
Then I was introduced to a minigame of sorts. A rather cool one at that too. You are presented with three playing cards which all represent something. In this case I was supposed to slice off a hand, a leg and a stomach for the Made Hand Ronin achievement. I don't really know what it is good for but I find it rather hilarious to just throw something like that into the game. This level was a real pain in the ass as well. Long and hard to find where the hell you're going. I got the Hatamoto achievement halfway through the chapter which is for unlocking 25 skills (which I still don't know what they are.) WHen I finally reached the end of the chapter I was pissed. The level is a pain in the ass and controls are getting more dodgy when I start to get the hang of how to control Afro. That makes it more annoying when he doesn't perform the way I wanted to. But now I was at the boss at least. Just slice him up and you're done. Well, I'll be god damned! This mo-fo is the hardest thing this game has presented me with to say the least. I hate games that are ont leveled. The game has been easy as pie up to this point and now it has me retrying over 15 times. Argh... I might just suck! After finally killing him I got the Love Lost achievement. Glad that's over... I'm not too happy that since I only got 2 of the collectibles on this chapter I have to do it all again. That will have to wait until tomorrow though. I'm too pissed to keep playing now.
All in all I got 10 achievements worth 140 GS!

If you fuck with the Afro Samurai you get combed... Combed? For God's sake I suck!

Go achieve something!

Clip of the Day

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar