onsdag 8 september 2010

Slicing towards 24320 GS, The Kings of Tylösand and other crap...

Today the new show called "Kungarna av Tylösand" started on TV. I was very intrigued as to what this show could be about. I knew that it took place here in my hometown Halmstad and therefore I was kinda curious as to what it was all about. Surfing the internet I came across some footage from the first episode so I decided to check it out. I'm very glad I did.
This must be one of the most stupid shows I've ever laid eyes on. It's all about drinking, puking and having sex. A show that needs to use the sex card is no show I'm interested in seeing. I really don't understand why people want to watch shit like this. Is it because you want what they have (please tell me it isn't so?) Or is it mearly the fact that you like to watch people fuck up as badly as possible? One hour of crap and not the good kind of crap but pure crap. From the behind-crap. Utterly useless crap... I think you understand where I'm going with this.
One guy apparently scored 2 times with two different girls. With TV-cameras in the rooms. Good for you! I'm sure there are better things you could do with your time. Cure AIDS, feed the hungry or even paint your house and later watch the paint dry! I'm sorry but I'm getting pretty pissed about this. The networks are giving the public what they want so you better start liking other shit.
Let's try to analyze what makes this interesting:

It contains:
Sex - Sex is nice and we probably all like sex. For ourselves. If you want to watch sex there's millions and millions of movies and clips on the internet. Watch it there so we can have regular shows on TV, please.
Drinking - Drinking can be fun but isn't it really more of an annoyance than fun? How many times doesn't people start to fight when they're drunk. I've had my share of fighting with people while under the influence and it's not fun. Not fun to watch either. I don't know if this show contains fighting since I haven't watched more than the clips online but I'm guessing it does.
Nothing more... - As I said I didn't watch it but I mean we've been through this before. Paradise Hotel, Big Brother, Jersey Shore and every other of these shows. It's done already. Give me more Ullared!

I can't really say I'm being more productive than these people and they are probably doing what they are doing because they wanna have fun. Just like me... We just don't like the same thing apparently...

I've ranted enough. Now I'm gonna go watch a good sexless (so far) show called Fringe.

The worst thing I've ever seen on television. Steer clear! Unless you like watching sex, drinking and puking...

Japanese Picturepuzzle

                                        It's a cheese!                                                  What might this be?

Achievements (contains spoilers)
Had a good run today as well. I continued through the story on Afro Samurai. I started by replaying the level from hell for the 3 mementos I mssed yesterday. But before that I got the Hundred Head Hunter achievement for chopping off 100 heads with a critical strike. Gief more blood bitte! 
The second playthrough of a levels always goes by faster than the first time around. I got The Demon of Vengeance achievement for finding all 5 mementos in the level not long after that.
Since I didn't know if it saves your progress only by picking up the mementos I was forced to play through the entire level again. I came to a place where you're supposed to do the minigames with the cards. I had done this last night but apparently I did it wrong. This time I got the Gutshot Android Flush achievement for completing an Android Straight Flush. I'm not really sure excactly how you get these achievements. Sometimes they pop and sometimes they don't. The only thing I do know is that it needs to be a specific type of enemy. As to which bodyparts you must sever... Well, your guess is as good as mine. 
After that I had to defeat the bitch with the flamethrower. I had a really hard time with him last night. It went a little easier today. He has different phases. The first one he just uses his flamethrower against you, the second he starts launching himself up in the air by flaming downwards and the last phase he launches himself up but shoots 2 more times downward before landing. Usually bosses with different phases gets harder the longer the fight progresses. But not this asshole. He gets easier as he starts launching himself. When I had laid him to rest Emma wanted to play Guitar Hero...

This guy looks pretty badass. He is pretty badass as well!

We continued playing through some songs on Easy to start things off in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. As usual it got pretty boring pretty fast so we decided to play Through the Fire and Flames after a couple of songs. The goal is to perfect it on Easy because the song contains a lot of notes which can give me the achievement for getting a 2000 note streak. We didn't get it but we did get the Half Mill' Club achievement for scoring 500.000 points on a song in Co-Op. Finally something from Guitar Hero! Then she ran off the the TV for some show she wanted to see...

This kinda looks like Afro Samurai except he is more mellow in this title.

I returned to the world of Afro Samurai and started the next level called The Lowdown East Pass. I was expecting a great big maze since it's become harder and harder to find your way around the levels. This was not the case however. The layout of this level was enjoyable and didn't annoy me as much as the previous one. It's getting harder though. Here I was introduced to badass article 39... I was gonna reflect a shot from a gun. With a sword... I like over-the-top crap! After getting shot about 675 times I finally got the I am Rubber achievement for killing an enemy with a reflected shot. Yay me! I suck most of the time until I manage to do something right. Then, suddenly, I am the king of the gaming world! 
Shortly after this litte encounter I got the Bushi achievement for unlocking 40 skills. I still don't know what these skills are but I don't care anymore. Afro is awesome and that's all that matters! 
After getting my 40th unknown skill I got The Number Two achievement for finding all 5 mementos on this level. And I did it the first time around! I'm awesome... This level was coming to an end and that's too bad. I kinda liked it. It was some puzzles and some asskicking all bundled up to an awesome level. 
But what did I see? The flamethrower guy is back? And this time he got a rocket launcher? Wonderful... Lucky for me this boss was a cakewalk and I got The Path to Godhood achievement for finishing the level. 

"I'm just gonna stand here, smoking my cigarette with an awesome shot of the rocky background behind me..."

Now Emma wanted to play Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock again. This time we didn't get any achievements what-so-ever but Emma is getting better and better everyday. She might even beat me someday! I guess she will be the one who gets me the Expert achievements then.

I dove back into Afro Samurai and started the next level. Even more linear than the previous level. This made the mementos easier to find. Halfway through the level, though, I was stopped by a miniboss of sorts. a copy of my own character. This guy was like nothing I've ever faced before. He kicked my ass from here to sunday. I just had to check videos on YouTube to understand what I was supposed to do. After some practicing I finally got the strategy down and once I understood how to do it he was rather easy. Flamethrower-guy is still on my most-hated list. He will probably remain there for a long time, too. Not long after that fight I got The Death Bringer achievement for collecting the 5 mementos.
Now I was introduced yeat another copy... Or something like that. It was a robot that threw me in the air and we had a bout flying through the air. Each time I started to get too close to the ground he threw me up again. The fight took a lot of time to understand. I didn't die but I didn't kill him either. I was kind of a deadlock. He catched me and threw me back up again two times before I killed him. I think that if you do it right from the beginning you won't see that sequence at all. I got the Copy-Cat Killer upon Slicing that mo-fo up!
All in all I got 10 achievements across 2 games worth 165 GS!

If this was "Kungarna av Tylösand" she would get naked right about now...

Go achieve something!

Clip of the Day

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar